Food & Beverages Applications
Edible oil / Vegetable Oil
Filtration is an essential process in the purification of edible oil/vegetable oil and ensures that all undesirable particles are removed whilst the quality of the oil is maintained. Amafilter® solid liquid filtration solutions are designed to filter the finest particles and contaminants from the products, delivering only the very best product quality.
Filtration steps in edible/vegetable oil
Depending on the type of oil and final purpose, the oil is processed in a sequence of process steps which can be divided as follows:
- Crude oil filtration for removal of feet.
- Miscella filtration for production of lecithin from gums.
- Bleached and/or detoxified oil filtration to remove color and other components.
- Winterised oil filtration to remove waxes to enhance cold stability.
- Catalyst filtration to remove nickel catalyst after hydrogenation of the oil.
- Residual catalyst filtration to remove solid nickel catalyst after transitioning to nickel soaps.
- Deodorised oil filtration to remove impurities formed during deodorization.
- Safety filtration to improve filtrate quality and/or to protect sequential equipment.
- Polishing filtration to improve product quality
Amafilter® has a comprehensive range of filtration equipment suitable for edible/vegetable oil applications, which includes our renowned Cricketfilter®, the Versis® vertical and horizontal pressure leaf filter systems, cartridge housings and filter housings.
CASE STUDIES & APPLICATION DATA SHEET
Sugar and Sweeteners
Filtration is an essential process in the purification of sugar and sweeteners and ensures that all undesirable particles are removed whilst the quality and characteristics of the sugar & sweetening product are maintained.
Amafilter® solid liquid filtration solutions are designed to filter the finest particles and contaminants from the products, delivering only the very best product quality.
Sugar products are derived from sugar beet primarily in northern hemisphere and sugar cane from the southern hemisphere.
Filtration processes in sugar and sweeteners:
Depending on the type of sugar/sweetener and the final purpose, the product is processed in a sequence of filtration steps which can be divided as follows:
- 1st stage Carbonation using Lime and Carbon Dioxide to precipitate impurities.
- 2nd stage Carbonation using Lime and Carbon Dioxide to precipitate impurities.
- Sulphitation using Sulphur Dioxide to remove excess calcium.
- Thick Juice Filter for removal of solids.
- Standard Liquor Filter – further clarification of product
- Re-melt Filters to produce Syrup used for Dilution.
- Molasses Filters for a portion of the stream as the other portion is crystalized.
- Polishing / Guard Filtration – ensuring final product quality
Amafilter® has a comprehensive range of filtration equipment suitable for the sugar processing industry, including our well recognised Cricketfilter®, the Versis® vertical and horizontal pressure leaf filter systems, bag filters, cartridge housings and strainers.
Cocoa butter is a natural fat extracted from cocoa beans. It is used in a variety of products, including chocolate, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals. It is used as an ingredient in chocolate, as a moisturizer for the skin, and as a base for making candles. cocoa butter is also used in the top ten cosmetic procedures worldwide: liposuction, breast augmentation, nose surgery, eyelid surgery, and facelifts.
In order to produce a high-quality product, cocoa butter must undergo a filtration process. This process helps to remove impurities and ensures that the cocoa butter is of the highest possible quality. Without filtration, cocoa butter can contain harmful contaminants which are not suitable for human consumption. As a result, cocoa filtration is essential in the production of safe and healthy cocoa-based products.
Amafilter® has a comprehensive range of filtration equipment suitable for the cocoa butter process including our well recognised Cricketfilter® which has been extensively used for cocoa butter applications as the cricketfilter® cloths have been specifically designed to achieve optimal results in this process.
Gelatine is a protein derived from collagen, which is found in the skin, bones, and connective tissue of animals. It is used to produce a wide variety of products, including food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and photography. Gelatine is produced by partial hydrolysis of collagen. This process involves breaking down the collagen into smaller molecules known as peptides. The resulting gelatine is then purified and sold in various forms, such as powder, granules, or sheets.
Gelatine has a wide range of uses due to its unique properties. It is commonly used as a thickener, stabilizer, and gelling agent in food production.
In order to make gelatine suitable for use in the production of various products, it must first undergo a filtration process. This process removes impurities and bacteria, ensuring a high quality.
Amafilter® has a comprehensive range of filtration equipment suitable for the gelatine process including our well recognised Cricketfilter® which is ideal for the gelatine filtration process. Other products are also available such as the Versis® vertical and cartridge and bag filter housings and strainers.
We take our responsibility in partnering with our customers seriously and provide a range of services aimed at supporting our customers effectively and assisting them to resolve their filtration challenges.
Find out more about how amafilter®, part of Filtration Group, can assist you solve your solid liquid filtration challenges and improve your processes.